Deciding you’re ready to get pregnant is an exciting time in any relationship. But for many, the decision to get pregnant and initial conception are often the hardest parts of the whole process. In order to help get pregnant faster, your body must be readily prepared to support both you and the life of a growing fetus.
To improve your chances of getting pregnant within the first few months of attempting to conceive, try these simple tips:
- Get a Physical Exam – Before trying to conceive, it’s important to rule out any issues that could impact your fertility. Contact Birmingham Obstetrics & Gynecology to schedule an an appointment for a pap smear or physical today.
- Take Prenatal Vitamins – Prenatal vitamins with vitamin B6 can increase your chances of getting pregnant and also help keep your baby healthy through the gestation period.
- Time it Out – There’s approximately a four day window around ovulation where a woman can get pregnant. If you’re actively looking to conceive, time your ovulation periods so that you are remaining sexually active two days before and after. If you are unsure of your ovulation period, you can pick up an ovulation kit at your local pharmacy, or contact Birmingham Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Don’t Overdo your Exercise Routine – Moderate exercise is good for a healthy lifestyle. However, over-exercising can hurt your chances of conceiving due to the loss of too much body fat. The loss of body fat can decrease the amount of estrogen a woman is able to produce, which can decrease chances of ovulation.
- Avoid Added Hormones – Drinking soy and eating mass produced meat can increase estrogen levels to the point where it causes a hormonal imbalance. Try to eliminate soy and focus on eating lean, organic meats while trying to get pregnant.
- Enjoy the Ride – While trying to conceive can be a stressful period, it’s important to make sure that you are not letting the stress affect your body too much. This can cause delays in initial conception, and can be equally as harmful throughout your pregnancy.
If you are actively looking to become pregnant, or want to learn more about conception, contact Birmingham Obstetrics & Gynecology at (205) 933-8334 today to schedule an appointment.